Differential geometry studies local and global properties of curved spaces.
Topics of the lecture will be:
* curves and surfaces in Euclidean space,
* metrics and (Riemannian) manifolds,
* surface tension and notions of curvature,
* vector fields, tensors and covariant derivative,
* geodesic curves and the exponential map,
* Gauß-Bonnet theorem and topology,
* discrete differential geometry.
|Instructor||Prof. Dr. Konrad Polthier|
|Start||Oct 16, 2017 | 12:00 PM|
|end||Feb 16, 2018 | 06:00 PM|
* Lecture: Monday, 12 -14, SR 031/A7 (starting Oct., 16th, 2017)
Wednesday, 12-14, SR 007/008/A6
* Tutorials (starting Oct., 19th, 2017):
The inspection for the second exam will take place June, 4th, 2018, in 108/109/A6 from 9 to 10 am. If you are unable to come, until May, 2nd, 2018, you can send an email to Henriette.Lipschuetz@fu-berlin.de to make an appointment.
Linear Algebra I & II