A selection of the following topics:
● Exponential map and the Hopf-Rinow theorem
● Connection between curvature and topology (e.g. Myer's theorem, Hadamard-Cartan, Klingenberg, rigidity theorems)
● Closed geodesics
● Stokes' theorem and Cohomology
● Spaces of constant curvature, Lie groups, homogeneous spaces
● Conformal geometry, geometric differential equations
● Basic notions from differential topology
|Instructor||Prof. Dr. Konrad Polthier, Henriette Lipschütz|
|Start||Apr 16, 2018|
*Lecture: Monday, 12-14, 007/008/A6, Wednesday, 12-14, 007/008/A6
*Tutorials: Friday, 10-12, 032/A6
*Exams: first July, 20th, 2018. Dates will be given on request.
The lectures and the tutorials will be held in English on request.