Time: Tuesdays, 10-12 Uhr.
Place: Arnimallee 6 SR 032/A6.
Exercises: Fridays, 10-12 Uhr, Arnimallee 6 SR 032/A6.
First Exercise class: October 23 (no exercise class on Oct. 16)
Solving exercises shall help to pass the exam.
1) In case of a bad grade at the exam, we shall upgrade according to the success in the exercises group.
2) In case you pass the exam but your grade is less than your performance in the exercises, we shall also upgrade the final grade.
- Atiyah, M.F.; Macdonald, I.G.: Introduction to commutative algebra. Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Mass.-London-Don Mills, Ont. 1969 ix+128 pp. (This book is probably the best entry to the subject. It is short, concise, and clearly written.)
- Bosch, S.: Algebraic Geometry and Commutative Algebra, Universitext Springer, 2012.
- Further literature will be announced in class.
Prerequisites: Linear Algebra I+II, Algebra and Number Theory
Exam date: February 10, 10-12h, Arnimallee 6, SR032/A6 or April 11, 08-10h, Arnimallee 6, SR032/A6
Rules for the exam:
- Everybody is free to do the exam in February or in April or both. In case a student passes the exam in February and tries again the exam in April the February grade will be erased and only the April grade will remain.
- You may bring two sheets of paper (DIN A4), each written by yourself and by hand with writing on both sides
Addendum to the class on Novemeber 24: pdf