ABV - Introduction to Visualization
The course provides an introduction to fundamental methods and principles in visualization of mathematics, data sciences, and industrial applications. We discuss mathematical foundations and data structures. We present several core algorithms and tools.
The students get practical hands-on experience with at least one visualization system during a larger project work and develop strategies and visualizations for appropriate problems.
- Data structures and key algorithms
- Visualization of curves, surfaces and volumes
- Applications to scientific and industrial problems
- 3D modelling and animation
- Concepts from dynamic geometry
- 3DScanning and 3D-printing basics
|Instructor||Prof. Dr. Konrad Polthier|
|Contact Person||Henriette-Sophie Lipschütz|
|Start||Sep 05, 2022|
|end||Sep 23, 2022|
Preliminary meeting: May 3, 2022, 14:15, in SR 108/109 in A6.
Block seminar: Sept. 5-16, 10-12 and 2-4, announcements whether the block seminar will be held in presence in SR 108/109.
Requirements: Analysis I + II, Lineare Algebra I
Students of mathematics and computer science
Will be announced in the course.