Differential Geometry III
The lecture will introduce selected concepts from differential geometry and their role in solving current application problems.
The topics include curvature measures, geometric flows, minimal surfaces, harmonic mapping, parallel transport, branched coverings, as well as their discretization and implementation.
Practical problems come for example from the fields of geometric design, geometry processing, visualization, materials science, medicine, architecture.
To achieve regular and active participation it is necessary to visit at least 75% of the offered tutorials (see StO/PO 2018 (Master, 00280c)) and to earn at least 60% of the possible points on the exercise sheets.
|Instructor||Prof. Dr. Konrad Polthier, Eric Zimmermann|
|Start||Oct 18, 2022 | 10:00 AM|
|end||Feb 17, 2023 | 12:00 PM|
Differential geometry I
- Horst Knörrer - Geometrie
- Wolfgang Kühnel - Differentialgeometrie (English version: Differential Geometry)
- Barrett O'Neill - Semi-Riemannian Geometry
- Blaine Lawson - Complete Minimal Surfaces in S3
- Paul Petersen - Riemannian Geometry
- H. Karcher - Introduction to Conjugate Plateau Constructions