Current Info Master
Summer Semester 2020The official registration period for all courses in Campus Management is April 8 - May 7, 2020.
Some courses also require a registration in Whiteboard. - Guide to register in the Whiteboard System For the time being, there will be no classroom teaching, teaching will be converted to digital formats.
- Course catalog:
Master's degree in bioinformatics (StO/PO 2012)
Master's degree in bioinformatics (SPO 2019)
Courses during the semester (1) pdf - mandatory courses and practical modules (lab seminars)
Courses during the semester (2) pdf - lectures with exercises and seminars
Assignment of courses to modules (old and new regulations)
- List of courses (pdf)
- List of elective modules
(Assignement of modules to focus areas, new regulations)
Please note: There is a difference between courses and modules. Modules are generally defined by the study regulations, they serve as a kind of containers for the courses. Courses always refer to a specific semester and must be assigned to modules. As a consequence, modules and courses can have different titles in some cases. In addition, some courses can be assigned to several modules, and some modules may be associated with more than one course.
Mandatory Modules of the Profile Areas (new regulations)
- Ethic and policy questions 5 CP (19405413)
- Complex Systems: Complex Systems in Bioinformatics, 10 CP (19405201/02/11)
- Data Science: Data Sciences in the Life Sciences, 15 CP (19405606/12)
- Advanced Algorithms: Advanced Algorithms in Bioinformatics, 10 CP (19405301/02)
Assignment to focus areas: CS = Complex systems, DS = Data Science, AA = Advanced Algorithms
- Applied Sequzence Analysis (19400313) AA
- Computational Systems Biology (19400813) CS
- Current topics in cell-physiology (60100613) - block course CS
- Computer-aided drug design (60101711) CS
- Introduction to computational proteomics (19404511) DS, AA
- Computational Meta-Omics (19404811) DS
- Reaction Diffusion Simulation (19402311) CS, AA
Lectures with Exercises: (V-Modules)
- Advanced Biometrical Methods (60101901/02) DS
- Statistical Methods for Small Sample Sizes (60102301/02) DS
- Complex Data Analysis in Physiology (60102701/02) DS
Phylogeny Inference and Application (19405501/02) CS, AA
The course has been postponed to the winter semester
- Machine Learning in Bioinformatics (19405701/02) DS
- Human Evolution (23770) CS
- Structural Bioinformatics (60100501/02/11) AA
Additionally, the following course can be recognized for the research module (old regulations):
If you wish to take part in this module, please contact the teacher directly. The certification will be effected by the examination office (Prüfungsbüro).Please note:
- For more detailed information about the current courses: see course catalog!
- If you can't find a course in Whiteboard, a registration in this system is problably not needed. In case of doubt, please ask the lecturer.
- More information about the structure of the study program can be found here.
- The language of instruction in all master’s courses may be German or English. If international students without sufficient knowledge of German participate in a course, the language of instruction is always English.
- If you have any general questions concerning the stucture or organization of the program please contact the course coordinator or the examination office.