Differential geometry studies the local and global properties of curved spaces.
Topics of the lecture will be:
* curves and surfaces in Euclidean space,
* (Riemannian) manifolds,
* vector bundles, especially the tangent bundle,
* curvature tensors,
* and some theorems from global differential geometry.
|Instructor||Prof. Dr. Konrad Polthier|
|Room||Arnimallee 6 SR 032 (Lecture), SR 009/A6 (Tutorial A), SR 006/T9 (Tutorial B)|
|Start||Oct 13, 2014 | 12:00 PM|
|end||Feb 11, 2015 | 06:00 PM|
* Lecture: Mo + Mi 12 - 14 Uhr
* Tutorials (starting October 15th!):
* Exam: Wednesday, 04.02., 12-14h, SR032
* Repeat Exam: Monday, 30.03., 12-14h, SR032
Linear Algebra I & II