Artificial Intelligence for the Sciences
The AI4Science Group (former Computational Molecular Biology - head: Frank Noé) is an interdisciplinary research unit active in the development of machine learning methods for the physical sciences. We have a strong profile in computational statistics, simulation and learning algorithms, and scientific software development. As a closely collaborating team of mathematicians, chemists, physicists and computer scientists, we put great emphasis on bridging the gaps between the various disciplines.
Our main research areas are
- Physics-constrained learning algorithms
- Complex dynamical systems analysis
- Efficient generative learning methods for statistical mechanics
- Highly accurate machine learning methods for quantum mechanics
- Inference and enhancement of cutting-edge microscopy method