Introduction to Visualization
The course provides an introduction to fundamental methods and principles in visualization for mathematics, data science and industrial applications. We discuss mathematical foundations and data structures and present several core algorithms and tools.
The students get practical hands-on experience with at least one visualization system during a larger project work and develop strategies and visualizations for appropriate problems.
* Data structures and key algorithms
* Visualization of curves, surfaces and volumes
* Applications to scientific and industrial problems
* 3D modelling and animation
* Concepts from dynamic geometry
|Instructor||Prof. Dr. Konrad Polthier|
|Contact Person||Henriette Lipschütz|
|Start||Sep 09, 2019 | 10:00 AM|
|end||Sep 20, 2019 | 06:00 PM|
Preliminary meeting: April, 16th, 2019, 12:15 in 108/109/A6
-September, 9th: begin 10 o'clock, presentation of projects (by AG-Geom) at 12 o'clock
-September, 12th: begin 9 o'clock, end 1:30 pm (no session in the afternoon)
-September, 16th: short feedback of current state
-October, 2nd.: presentation of projects (by participants) at 9:00 am
-October, 4th (until 11:59 pm): submission of documentation, submission of code etc.
active participation: presentation of a working out solution of the chosen project, regular participation: at least 85% of the afternoon sessions have to be visited
- JavaView: http://javaview.de/
- JavaView Wiki: http://www.mi.fu-berlin.de/w/AGGeom/JavaView
- Eclipse: https://eclipse.org/downloads/
- Maya Student Version: https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/maya