The course provides an introduction to fundamental methods and principles in visualization for mathematics, data science and industrial applications. We discuss mathematical foundations and data structures and present several core algorithms and tools.
The students get practical hands-on experience with at least one visualization system during a larger project work and develop strategies and visualizations for appropriate problems.
* Data structures and key algorithms
* Visualization of curves, surfaces and volumes
* Applications to scientific and industrial problems
* 3D modelling and animation
* Concepts from dynamic geometry
* 3D-Scanning and 3D-Printing basics
|Instructor||Prof. Dr. Konrad Polthier|
|Start||Aug 27, 2018 | 09:00 AM|
|end||Sep 07, 2018 | 06:00 PM|
Preliminary meeting: April, 24th, 2018, 10-12, 108/109/A6
Project submission: tba