Springe direkt zu Inhalt

May I use my car to travel?

It is generally allowed to travel by car, but only reimbursed in special cases.

If special circumstances (such as the non-existence of public transportation options or a transport of heavy objects that are necessary for business) exist, a lump sum of 0,20/km is reimbursed, but only up to 130€ for the whole trip. The intention to travel by car has to be indicated and justified on the application for business travel and will be acknowledged as "business-related interest" on the approval notice.

If there is no business-related interest in travelling by car, the reimbursement is limited to the cost of the lowest class of a regularly schuduled mode of transportation (with a maximum of 130€). In both cases, the Freie Universität assumes no liability in the event of damage or loss.

When travelling by car, you're asked to provide information on the kilometers travelled.