The faculty counsel (Fachbereichsrat) and the deanship (Dekanat) are the administrative organs of the department. Our faculty counsel consists of seven professors (Hochschullehrer), two research assistants/associates, two students and two members of the administration; the head of the Fachsbereichsrat is the dean (Dekan).
The faculty counsel has roughly the following functions:
- the enactment of rules and statutes in the department in the areas of teaching, course of studies, required examinations and qualifications
- approval and appraisal of the departmental budget
- the establishment, amendment and annulment of subdivisions within the department
- the appointment of commissions, their composition, assignment of tasks, procedure and duration, for the purpose of support and counsel
- decisions on the appointment of professors
- decisions on “Habilitationen” (postdoctoral lecture qualification)
- recommendations for determining new professorships and their specific areas
For details please check our German pages.