News from Jul 15, 2019
Attention: artists, writers, activists, coders, scholars, analysts. Berlin’s Creamcake is looking for academic, professional and creative visionaries to join their 3rd "<Interrupted = “Cyfem and Queer>” symposium, taking place on August 10 at aquarium and OHM and exploring the contemporary reality of data, surveillance and automation. Applications are open to those looking at the body from the outside, considering not only its surrounding structures, limitations and systems of control but also the possibilities for optimization and emancipation through technology. Curated by Creamcake and Gala Rexer, this third and last episode aims to critically engage with and build upon the previous cyber- and technofeminist-focussed symposia, which discussed the status quo of past and present cyberfeminist thought, practices and politics before concentrating on the biotechnological and political management of bodies, sex and gender through a cyber/technofeminist lens.
How to apply via form: http://interrupted.creamcake.de/
· Summarize your practice (200 words max. in English or German)
· What do you wish to explore during the 3rd "<Interrupted = “Cyfem and Queer>”? (200 words max. in English or German)
· What tools or support do you need to present your work?
· Provide us with a short bio (required) and supporting documentation (optional) of your work (200 words max. in English or German)
· Tell us your contact details, location and gender pronouns
We encourage women, queer, trans and gender non-conforming people, and people of color to apply. We welcome applications from emerging artists and researchers.