If you would like to invite guests whose expenses you’d like to be reimbursed via us, please take note of our standard procedure:
1. Please talk to your supervisor before inviting guest and please find out whether sufficient funds are available and also which funds are to be used.
2. We draw up a guest contract. For that, we need the following information of your guest:
If you’re already in contact with the guest, it’s usually easiest if you collect this information yourself and forward it to us. Otherwise, please talk to your secretary’s office.
3. The guest contract is signed by the guest during their visit, and also by you as the guest advisor (where it says “Antragssteller”)
4. After the visit, the guest hands in receipts showing their expenses.
5. We check the receipts and take care of the reimbursement.
6. The expenses are generally reimbursed in form of a bank transfer. Only as an exception a cash check can be issued.
Please note and inform your guests on the following: At the FU Berlin, the expenses of guests are handled in accordance with the German Travel Expenses Act (Bundesreisekostengesetz). This means i.a. that only the cheapest travel class (economy flights, 2nd class train ticket) can be reimbursed, and that there are restrictions regarding the reimbursement of taxi costs. Additionally, day rates can generally not be paid to the guests.
Any exceptions from these rules have to be discussed and clarified beforehand with the Office for Networking and Research Projects (Geschäftsstelle für Verbundprojekte).