The standard process of travelling on business is as follows:
Before the trip:
1. Consultation with supervisor
2. Informal inquiry at the Geschäftsstelle to check whether sufficient funding is available.
3. Submitting of the completed form „Application for business travel“ to the Geschäftsstelle.
The respective form can be found here and a filled out example here.
4. In some exceptions you may apply for an advance. If you think you may qualify, please contact us. The respective form (German only) can be found here.
After the trip:
5. Submitting of the form „Travel expense statement“ within the deadline of 6 months.
The respective form can be found here, a filled out example here and further interesting information here.
We want to make sure that, in case of an audit, all documents are without a doubt complete, and therefore ask for bank statements for all payments not paid in cash.
We check the documents and then pass them on to the FU travel department, where final calculations are made. The process can take a few weeks, please be patient.
Additional information can be found in the FAQs below: