2018/19 Winter Semester
Welcome day for international students
When: Thursday, 4th of October 2018 at 10:00 am
Where: Meetingpoint is at "Rost- und Silberlaube" at "Freie Universität Berlin", "K-Street" in the building, the exact location will be published in a few weeks.
Who: The event is designed for exchange students, but every International Student who is interested in getting to know the Campus is very welcome!
Welcome event for new master's students
- Date: Monday, 15th October 2018 at 4:15 pm
- Place: Room 032 in Arnimallee 6
This information session aims at master's students in first semester, especially those who did their bachelor's degree at another university (in Germany or a different country). Attendants will be provided with information on the organization and content of their studies. Afterwards, there will be the opportunity to talk to experienced master's students and to get to know fellow students.
Courses Winter Semester 2018/19
- Course catalog: Master's degree in bioinformatics (StO/PO 2012)
- Timetable: First Semester (pdf)
- „Algorithms“ and „Optimization“ are offered in blocks which means that during the first half of the term only „Algorithms“ is taught, while „Optimization“ is taught during the second half of the term.
- This timetable is a suggestion requiring hard work and effort. In some cases, it might be better to attend only three or four of the suggested modules.
- Timetable: Advanced courses (pdf)
- Further courses are offered as block courses during term break (cf. course catalog)
- Current Issues in Cell Physiology (Lab seminar)
- Current Issues in Structural Bioinformatics (Lab seminar)
- Computer-aided drug design (Modul: Messung und Analyse physiologischer Prozesse) (Lab seminar)
- Environmental Metagenomics (Lab seminar)
Please note: This course already starts during the semester break. Please contact: Camila Mazzoni
- Pathophysiology (Research module)
- Additionally, the following courses can be applied to the research module:
If you wish to take part in one or more of these modules, please contact the teacher directly. The certification will be effected by the exam office (Prüfungsbüro).
The official registration period for all courses in Campus Management is 1 October - 2 November 2018. To enroll in courses at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, students are also required to register via KVV. - Guide to register in a course in the KVV System
- The language of instruction in all master’s courses may be German or English. If international students without sufficient knowledge of German participate in a course, the language of instruction is always English.