Which other courses may I chose as an Incoming?
For BSc students: General professional skills courses (ABV)
These couses (marked as ABV in the course catalog) may provide you with interdisciplinary skills in different areas to improve your career prospects: information and media, gender and diversity, organization and management, communication, sustainable development or subject-related additional qualifications.
Courses for International Exchange Students: “Berlin and Germany in a European Perspective"
As an exchange student may sign up for special courses on “Berlin and Germany in a European Perspective". The different modules cover key aspects of German history, culture or society and help you acquire useful skills for a German academic environment. They give 5 ECTS each.
- Orientation in Berlin and Germany (GER)
- Central Aspects of German and European Society and Culture (GER)
- Key Issues of German and European Culture (GER)
- Film, Art and Literature in a Social and Cultural Context (GER)
- Aspects of German and European Culture (ENG)
- German and European Politics (ENG)
- German Media – Media in Germany (ENG)
- German History in a European Context (ENG)
- Economy and Economics in Germany and Europe (ENG)
German Language Courses
The FU Language Centre offers German language courses prior to and during the semester:
- the six-week intensive pre-semester courses may be booked for a reduced participation fee by exchange students
- courses during the semester range from 4–8 hours per week and are free of charge
Courses offered by other Berlin universities
Students are very welcome to attend courses at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU), Technische Universität Berlin (TU) or even at the University of Potsdam. However, you must make sure that you still complete courses at the FU, because if you wish an FU transcript at the end of your stay, this is only issued if you have also completed FU courses. If only HU courses are completed, no ToR can be issued.