Which other courses may I chose as an Incoming?
For BSc students: General professional skills courses (ABV)
These couses (marked as ABV in the course catalog) may provide you with interdisciplinary skills in different areas to improve your career prospects: information and media, gender and diversity, organization and management, communication, sustainable development or subject-related additional qualifications.
Courses for International Exchange Students: “Berlin and Germany in a European Perspective"
As an exchange student may sign up for special courses on “Berlin and Germany in a European Perspective". The different modules cover key aspects of German history, culture or society and help you acquire useful skills for a German academic environment. They give 5 ECTS each.
- Orientation in Berlin and Germany (GER)
- Central Aspects of German and European Society and Culture (GER)
- Key Issues of German and European Culture (GER)
- Film, Art and Literature in a Social and Cultural Context (GER)
- Aspects of German and European Culture (ENG)
- German and European Politics (ENG)
- German Media – Media in Germany (ENG)
- German History in a European Context (ENG)
- Economy and Economics in Germany and Europe (ENG)
German Language Courses
The FU Language Centre offers German language courses prior to and during the semester:
- the six-week intensive pre-semester courses may be booked for a reduced participation fee by exchange students
- courses during the semester range from 4–8 hours per week and are free of charge