19205401 Basismodul: Topologie I
- FU-Students should register via Campus Management.
- Non-FU-students should register via MyCampus/Whiteboard.
Summer Term 2022
lecture by Dr. Gabriel Angelini-Knoll
Time and place
Lecture: Tuesdays, 08-10h, in SR 031, Arnimallee 6, and
Thursdays, 10-12h, in SR 031, Arnimallee 6.
- Exercise Session: Thursdays, 14:00-16:00h, in SR 032, Arnimallee 6.
- Final Exam: will be announced in due course.
To receive credits for the course you need to
- actively participate in the exercise session
- work on and successfully solve the weekly exercises
- pass the final exam
Problem sets will be put online every Wednesday and can be found under Assignements in MyCampus/Whiteboard. Solutions (in small groups!) are due by 2 pm on Thursday of the following week – please submit either using the corresponding mailbox on the ground floor in Arnimallee 3-5 or in the exercise session.
1. Basic notions. Topological spaces, products, coproducts, quotients, compactness.
2. Gluing constructions.
3. Homotopies between continuous maps, degree of a map, fundamental group.
4. Seifert-van Kampen Theorem.
5. Covering spaces.
- Tammo tom Dieck: Algebraic Topology, EMS Textbooks in Mathematics
- Allen Hatcher: Algebraic Topology, Chapter I. Also available online from the author's website (english)
- J.P. May: A Concise Course in Algebraic Topology, Chicago Lectures in Mathematics
- James R. Munkres: Topology, Prentice Hall (english)