19219401 Higher Algebra
- FU-Students should register via Campus Management.
- Non-FU-students should register via MyCampus/Whiteboard.
- The course will be held remotely using WebEx.
Summer Term 2021
lecture by Prof. Dr. Holger Reich
exercise by Dr. Gabriel Angelini-Knoll
Time and place:
- Lecture: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10--12h, online.
- Exercise Session: Thursdays, 14--16h, online.
- Final Exam: oral exam -- individual dates.
Prerequisites: We assume familiarity with basic concepts from topology and homotopy theory.
Recent advances in stable homotopy theory and algebraic geometry use the language of higher category theory. The lecture will give an introduction to the theory of infinity-categories, stable infinity-categories and the generalization of classical algebra to these contexts, as developed by Jacob Lurie.
- Jacob Lurie: Higher Topos Theory. Annals of Mathematics Studies 170, Princeton University Press 2009
- Jacob Lurie: Higher Algebra; available from the authors homepage