Distributed Systems/Verteilte Systeme
This lecture will cover the fundamentals of distributed systems and distributed algorithms.
Selected topics are:
- architectures of distributed systems. Client-server architecture, data-flow architecture, distributed algorithms
- distributed algorithms: time and causality, group communication, selection algorithms, synchronisation
- distributed storage, replication, consistency, caching, distributed storage, distributed transactions
- fault-tolerance, fault classification, voting, Byzantine agreement
|Dozent/in||Prof. Dr. Katinka Wolter, Simon Schmitt|
|Raum||Takustraße 9 SR 005|
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Maarten van Steen. Distributed Systems, Principles and Paradigms. Prentice Hall 2007
- Vijay K. Garg. Elements of Distributed Computing. Wiley, 2002.
- Nancy A. Lynch. Distributed Algorithms, Morgan Kaufmann, 1996.
Lecture notes and materials
Will be posted in Sakai/KVV.
There will be 5-7 exercise sheets. Exercises are marked based on presentation in the exercise classes. Each participant has to vote for assignments of which he/she can present the solution.