1 wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (PraeDoc), 100%, ENKIS-WH-wiMi1
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik - Institut für Informatik Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Group
Research assistant (praedoc) (m/f/d) full-time job limited to 30.11.2025 Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU Reference code: ENKIS-WH-wiMi1
Our research lies in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). Our goal is to design intelligent algorithms that learn from data continuously following the cumulative nature of human learning, while ensuring that what has been learned is not only correct but also delivers positive social impact in accordance with ethical and legal requirements. Our current focus areas are: continual learning, responsible AI and creative AI.
This announcement is published subject to the final approval by the FMER. The project will start on Dec. 1st, 2021.
Research and development of educational material for AI/ML teaching at FUB, focusing on AI responsibility aspects. The material includes lecture slides, notes, videos, tutorials, exercises, case studies, etc. The goal is to prepare our students/future AI technology creators with a deep understanding of technology and how to mitigate unintended consequences.
Within the framework of the externally funded research project, the opportunity for writing a doctoral-thesis is granted.
Applicants should hold an MSc or Diploma in Computer Science with a focus on Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Data Science.
- Sound understanding of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence;
- very good knowledge of AI frameworks (Tensorflow, pytorch, Keras, …);
- excellent programming skills (Python, Java, …);
- teaching experience (e.g., as teaching assistant) and warm interest in teaching and didactics of AI;
- understanding and warm interest in AI responsibility aspects (bias and fairness, explainability, …);
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- critical thinking and independent work;
- willingness to learn, appreciation for team work;
- professional and social commitment.
Applications should be sent by e-mail, together with significant documents, indicating the reference code, in PDF format (preferably as one document) to Prof. Dr. Eirini Ntoutsi: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal to:
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
AG Künstliche Intelligenz und Maschinelles Lernen
Mrs. Prof. Dr. Eirini Ntoutsi
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection.