Workshops supported by CRC 1114
February 23 - 25, 2021: Thematic Einstein Semester 2020/21: Closing Conference, Workshop with participation of the SFB 1114 at WIAS
November 23 - 25, 2020: MA4M - Mathematical Analysis for Mechanics, Workshop with participation of the SFB 1114 at WIAS
- October 26 - 30, 2020: Thematic Einstein Semester 2020/21: Kick-off Conference, Workshop with participation of the SFB 1114 at WIAS
- October 12 - 16, 2020: CRC Fall School 2020 within the Student Compact Course of the Thematic Einstein Semester 2020/21, Workshop with participation of the SFB 1114 at WIAS
January 18 - 19, 2019: 18th-GAMM-Seminar on Microstructures, Workshop with participation of the SFB 1114 at WIAS
- Workshop: "Conservation principles, data and uncertainty in atmosphere-ocean modelling", 2019
- Workshop: "Statistical mechanics of interfaces: dynamic phenomena", 2018
- Workshop: "Frontiers of coarse graining in molecular dynamics", 2018
- Workshop: "Is a project for the history of Molecular Simulation timely? How to do it?", 2018
- Workshop: "Particles in Membranes", 2018
- May 29 - June 2, 2017: CRC 1114 Spring School: Methods for Particle Systems with Multiple Scales, Workshop with participation of the SFB 1114 at WIAS
- Workshop on Homogenization Theory and Applications 2017
- Workshop: Numerical methods for optimal control of open quantum systems 2016
- Workshop SON 2016
The community around the topic set oriented numerics established itself as integral part of the fields of dynamical systems and scientific computing over the last 20 years. In general, at the heart of the topic is some set playing a central dynamical role, and its interaction with the state space as a whole. Application areas include, but are not limited to, climate research, control theory, fluid dynamics, and molecular dynamics. The aim of this workshop is to bring together scientists from different fields, to discuss recent advances, and possible new directions in computational dynamics. This will be the seventh of a series of events.
- SLARPS-Workshop 2015
Workshop on Stochastic Limit Analysis for Reacting Particle Systems
at WIAS Berlin, December 16th - 18th, 2015
The workshop on "Stochastic Limit Analysis for Reacting Particle Systems" aims to present and facilitate discussion of approaches to systems of many particles, which at some level of modelling undergo spatial motion and stochastically interact when they collide or at least get very close. Classic applications of such systems include gas dynamics, particle coagulation and chemical reactions, but zoological and other application areas will also be considered. Alongside strong law of large numbers type results the workshop will showcase methods for obtaining further information to complement a characteristic limiting equation.For more information see please visit the website of the Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics Berlin.
- Molkin 2015
Workshop on MOLECULAR AND CHEMICAL KINETICS
Berlin, September 7th - 9th, 2015
The workshop addresses the modeling and understanding of rare events, metastability and nontrivial kinetics of biological systems, both at the molecular and supra-molecular to cellular level. This year's edition will include contributions from the field of macromolecular conformational dynamics, reactive diffusion dynamics and cellular dynamics.
The aim of the event is to convene internationally recognized mathematicians, theoretical biophysicists and experimentalists working in the field. By this, we hope to push both the development of modeling methods and the transfer of theoretical methods into the application field.