Journal article on ICNLoWPAN published
Our article "Designing a LoWPAN convergence layer for the Information Centric Internet of Things" is published in Computer Communications.
News from Oct 18, 2020
- Cenk Gündogan, Peter Kietzmann, Thomas C. Schmidt, Matthias Wählisch,
Designing a LoWPAN convergence layer for the Information Centric Internet of Things,
Computer Communications, Vol. 164, No. 1, pp. 114--123, Elsevier, December 2020.
- Design and evaluation of an ICN convergence layer for low power lossy links.
- We leverage the NDN potential of stateful forwarding to elide names on paths and design highly efficient compression primitives that outperform 6LoWPAN
- Our evaluations reveal significant gains in packet reduction, energy consumption, and reliability.
- We also contribute a fragmentation scheme as well as a framing compatible to the 6LoWPAN techniques.
Experiments demonstrate the feasibility, robustness, and energy efficiency of our approach.