Research Assistant (m/f/d) (full-time) Cluster of Excellence "Matters of Activity"
The Cluster of Excellence “Matters of Activity” announces a position in the field of computer science within the framework of a structured doctoral program. The doctoral program promotes doctorates in an interdisciplinary working group.
The full-time position is limited until December 31st, 2022.
Remuneration group: 13 TV-L FU
Application deadline: October 14th, 2019
The project "Filtering" is a position in the field of "Digital Filtering" with a focus on Interactive Intelligent Data Visualization. The PhD project should focus on the field of human-centered machine learning and increase the exploration and questionability of data, algorithms and results. The application context is in the humanities.
The work is carried out by an interdisciplinary team of cooperation partners within the Cluster of Excellence “Matters of Activity”. Image Space Material supported and conducted in close cooperation with the research group Human-Centered Computing at the FU Berlin under the direction of Prof. Müller-Birn as well as Prof. Israel (HTW) and Prof. Kassung (HU Berlin).
Area of responsibility:
The overall goal is to design, develop and evaluate novel user interfaces in the research area Human-Centered Machine Learning:
- Design of new concepts, techniques and their technical implementation in the form of interactive prototypes
- Empirical evaluation of the prototypes within user studies and online experiments
- Creation of scientific publications for the dissemination of research results
- Within the framework of the research project, the opportunity for doctoral studies is given
- Completed scientific University degree in computer science (diploma or master's degree).
- Study focus in the areas of data visualisation, data mining or machine learning
- Knowledge and experience in relevant programming languages (e.g. Java, Python) and libraries (e.g. Scikit-learn, TensorFlow)
- Experience in the creation of low- and high-fidelity prototypes and participative methods of software development
- A great interest in interdisciplinary research is imperative and any experience in this respect is advantageous
- very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- high motivation, independent way of working and ability to work in a team
The exposé should focus on possible research work in the area of Human-Centered Computing, which can be carried out within the scope of the job description. The research program of the Cluster of Excellence can be found here.
The Applications (letter of motivation, CV, recommendations) should be adressed to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn and sent in PDF format (preferably as one document) stating the identifier (MoA-Fund-FU-WM) electronically by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the following address:
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Arbeitsgruppe Human-Centered Computing
Frau Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an electronic application you are agreeing to all files being edited and stored. We give explicit notice that by not using encryption for sending in your application electronically, the Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee or be accountable for the security of any private information.