Research Assistant (m/f/d) (full-time)
We are looking for a new team member for our reasearch group Human-Centered Computing. The full-time position is limited to 4 years.
Remuneration group: 13 TV-L FU
Application deadline: September 30th, 2019
The HCC.lab is one of the largest computer science chairs at the Freie Universität Berlin. The lab stands for an interdisciplinary team in the field of Collaborative Computing and Human Computer Interaction. A current research emphasis lies in the area of Interactive Intelligent Systems, in the area of Ideation and Visualization as well as Human-Centered Machine Learning. Our theory-driven research includes both an empirical and an engineering dimension. We offer you a creative and open environment for the realization of your research interests and support you sustainably in the realization of your scientific ambitions (e.g. through participation in conferences, seminars). Our lab has a reputation for its extraordinary team spirit and excellent work climate. We are committed to open source software, open science and free access to knowledge.
Areas of responsibility:
- Engagment in research and teaching, in particular supervision of BSc. and MSc. theses in the context of Human-Centered Computing
- Supervision of exercises in the courses "Human Computer Interaction I+II", "Data Visualization" and "Interactive Intelligent Systems"
This position allows you to pursue a doctorate degree. Under the supervision of Prof. Müller-Birn and experienced post-doctoral researchers, you will work closely together with other researchers in an international team and present your research results at the best international conferences (such as CSCW).
- University degree in computer science (diploma or master's degree)
- Teaching experience and experience with scientific publications
- Knowledge of or interest in one or more of the following areas: Human-Computer Interaction, Data Visualization, Data Mining, Machine Learning
- Experience in the design, implementation, evaluation and supervision of user studies
- Ability to work in a team
- Interest in scientific work
- Creativity, analytical skills, problem-solving competence and results-oriented work
- Good knowledge of German and English, spoken and written.
The Applications (letter of motivation, CV, recommendations) should be adressed to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn and sent in PDF format (preferably as one document) stating the identifier (HCC-WM-2019) electronically by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the following address:
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Frau Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an online application, you as an applicant give your consent to your data being electronically processed and stored.
We would like to point out that Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee the security of any personal data transmitted if your application is sent in an unprotected form electronically.