Open position for a full-time research position in the MoA projects "Digital Filtering" and "Adaptive Digital Twin"
We are looking for a new team member for the Cluster of Excellence «Matters of Activtiy» (MoA). The contract is limited until December 31st, 2022.Remuneration group: 13 TV-L FU
Application deadline: January 04th, 2021
The goal of the MoA cluster is to lay the foundations for a new culture of the material by restoring meaning to the analog in the age of the digital. The focus is on the interdisciplinary development of sustainable artifacts and technologies, through the inseparable linking of active images, spaces, and materials. In the Cluster of Excellence, the humanities, natural sciences, and design disciplines cooperate as equal partners, and experimental and design approaches are combined with historical analysis to draw practical and theoretical consequences.
This connection between image, space and material is particularly evident in robot-assisted surgery. The control of the instruments replaces the direct access to the body. In the envisioned project, this spatial separation will be investigated by building on a model of the digital twin to explore different forms of guided action (guidance) in the context of unpredictable situations. The position is part of the projects Digital Filtering and Adaptive Digital Twin.
Field of Activity
- Design of novel interaction concepts in the medical field by combining active images, spaces and materials, and their implementation;
- Prototypical implementation of participatory approaches to the development of interaction concepts (with a focus on mixed-initiative);
- Conducting empirical (online) studies to evaluate the approaches;
- Planning and conducting field studies in a medical context;
- Establishing interdisciplinary collaborations with the humanities, natural sciences, and design disciplines as needed by the project context;
- Developing independent research projects in coordination with the disciplines involved;
- Producing scientific publications for dissemination of research results.
Degree (Diploma or Master's degree) in Computer Science or related fields and Doctorate in Computer Science or a related field, such as medical, media or business informatics.
- Above-average willingness to collaborate across disciplines, particularly in a medical context;
- Substantial experience in the field of human-computer interaction;
- Very good language skills in English and German, both written and spoken;
- The qualification should be described in a letter of motivation;
- An additional exposé should focus on possible research to be conducted within the scope of the job description.
Applications should be sent electronically by e-mail, together with supporting documentation, in PDF format (preferably as ONE document) to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn: firstname.lastname@example.org
For this reason and for the time when Freie Universität Berlin is not present, we ask that you apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Arbeitsgruppe Human-Centered Computing
Frau Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an electronic application you are agreeing to all files being edited and stored. We give explicit notice that by not using encryption for sending in your application electronically, the Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee or be accountable for the security of any private information.
- Matter of Activities