Research Assistant (f/m/d) 80% - in BMBF-funded project WerteRadar
We are looking for a new team member for our research project "WerteRadar – Donating health data with sovereignty". The contract is limited until June 30th, 2023.Remuneration group: 13 TV-L FU
Application deadline: May 3rd, 2021 (extended)
The Human-Centered Computing Research Group (HCC) stands for diversity and an interdisciplinary team in the field of collaborative computing and human-computer interaction (HCI). We define ourselves as designers of participatory and sustainable technologies with a focus on Interactive Intelligent Systems that foster collaboration between humans and machines. Our current research focuses on privacy, visualization and machine learning. In this context, our knowledge-driven research includes both an empirical and an engineering dimension. We are highly committed to open source software, open science, and free access to knowledge.
We are characterized by a creative and open environment for the realization of our research interests and support you sustainably in the realization of your scientific ambitions, for example, through collaborations, participation in conferences and further education.
Field of Activity
The position is part of the interdisciplinary research project WerteRadar and is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). In collaboration with experts in media education and medicine, an interactive software for reflective sharing of health data will be designed, implemented and evaluated. The research focus is in the area of reflective technologies to allow patients to reflect on their actions on different levels.
Please visit werteradar.org (only in German) for further information about our interdisciplinary research project.
The following tasks are associated with the advertised position:
- Designing novel interaction concepts for reflective data donation and implementing them in the form of interactive software prototypes
- Implementation of a user-centered approach to software development
- Conducting empirical (online) studies to evaluate the developed approaches
- Creation of scientific publications for the dissemination of our research results
Furthermore, within the framework of this BMBF project, we offer you the opportunity to work on your own academic research, e.g. a PhD thesis.
Degree (Diploma or Master's degree) in the field of computer science or a related field (such as media or business informatics)
- Knowledge in the area: Human-Computer Interaction (experience in data visualization is desirable)
- Experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of user studies or online experiments
- Very good language skills in German and English (written and spoken)
- Above-average willingness to work independently and in interdisciplinary cooperation
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to actively contribute within the HCC team
- Interest in scientific work and existing experience in writing scientific texts
- Creativity, analytical skills, problem-solving competence and result-oriented work
Please send your detailed application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and references electronically via e-mail and in PDF format (preferably as ONE document) to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn.
As remote work is currently encouraged at Freie Universität Berlin, we ask that you apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
By submitting an electronic application you are agreeing to all files being edited and stored. We give explicit notice that by not using encryption for sending in your application electronically, the Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee or be accountable for the security of any private information.
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Arbeitsgruppe Human-Centered Computing
Frau Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)