Student Assistant (40h/month) Design and Visualization in the Werteradar project
We are looking for a student assistant (40h/month) with focus on design and visualization for our interdisciplinary project WerteRadar. The position is limited until June 30th, 2023.Identifier: WerteRadar-SHK-Design
Application deadline: July 19th, 2021 (extended)
The Human-Centered Computing Research Group stands for diversity and an interdisciplinary team in the field of collaborative computing and human-computer interaction (HCI). We define ourselves as designers of participatory and sustainable technologies with a focus on Interactive Intelligent Systems that foster collaboration between humans and machines. Our current research focuses on privacy, visualization and machine learning. In this context, our knowledge-driven research includes both an empirical and an engineering dimension. We are highly committed to open source software, open science, and free access to knowledge.
We are characterized by a creative and open environment for the realization of our research interests.
Field of Activity
The position is part of the interdisciplinary research project WerteRadar and is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). In collaboration with experts in media education and medicine, an interactive software for reflective sharing of health data will be designed, implemented and evaluated. The research focus is in the area of reflective technologies to allow patients to reflect on their actions on different levels.
Please visit our website for further information about the interdisciplinary research project: werteradar.org (only in German available)
The following tasks are associated with the advertised position:
- Support in the conception and realization of visual low-fi prototypes
- Support in the development and implementation of empirical (online) studies for the evaluation of the developed approaches
- At least two completed semesters in interaction design, interface design, communication design, visual communication or related field
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, InVision or comparable programs
- Good spoken and written German and English skills (Language level: B1)
- Independent and reliable way of working as well as a pronounced willingness to learn
Please send your detailed application including cover letter, curriculum vitae, references and carefully selected portfolio with current work samples as well as illustrated design processes electronically via e-mail and in PDF format (preferably as ONE document) to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn: firstname.lastname@example.org
As remote work is currently encouraged at Freie Universität Berlin, we ask that you apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
By submitting an electronic application you are agreeing to all files being edited and stored. We give explicit notice that by not using encryption for sending in your application electronically, the Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee or be accountable for the security of any private information.
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Forschungsgruppe Human-Centered Computing
Frau Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
- Disabled persons will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
- Freie Universität Berlin expressly encourages women to apply.
- Applications from people with a migration background are expressly welcome.
- Unfortunately, Freie Universität Berlin cannot cover the costs of interviews.
- Application documents will not be returned. Please submit copies of your documents only.