Student Assistant (f/d/m) 40h/month - Design and Visualization for privacy-aware donation of mobility data
We are looking for a student assistant (40h/month) for our FreeMove project with a focus on design and visualization. The position is limited until December 31st, 2023.Identifier: HCC2021-SHK-17
Application deadline: October 25th, 2021
Official job announcement (in German)
The Human-Centered Computing Research Group (HCC) represents an interdisciplinary team in the field of collaborative computing and human-machine interaction. The focus is to advance research and design of socially responsible technologies by analyzing the intertwining of data, algorithms and social context to enable sustainable human-machine collaboration. The current focus is on machine learning technologies related to issues of privacy, reflection and explanation through interactive and conversational user interfaces. We understand these technologies as socio-technical systems that are situated in specific contexts of use. This is also the basis for our methodological approach to system design, which is based on critical practice.
Field of Activity
As a student in our research group you will have the opportunity to shape challenging, yet practical design tasks in the privacy context. Together with an additional student you will be supporting the project FreeMove, closely working together with our team at the research group HCC.
Your activity in particular will include assistance with the following tasks:
- Create new visual solution approaches through user stories, user journeys
- Create novel visual design concepts such as wireframes and low-fi prototypes
- We are committed to open source software, open science, and free access to knowledge
- We offer an open, interdisciplinary and dynamic working environment where all people with different backgrounds and experiences are welcome
- Regular team exchange and promotion of your individual qualities and skills
- Registered student in the field of interaction design, interface design, communication design, visual communication or related field
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Affinity, Sketch, InVision or comparable programs
- Good language skills in German and English, both written and spoken (language level: B1)
- Independent and reliable way of working and a pronounced willingness to learn
The Applications with letter of motivation, CV, recommendations and carefully selected portfolio with current work samples as well as illustrated design processes should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn and sent in PDF format (preferably as one document) stating the identifier (HCC2021-SHK-17) electronically by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As remote work is currently encouraged at Freie Universität Berlin, we ask that you apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Arbeitsgruppe Human-Centered Computing
Frau Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an electronic application you are agreeing to all files being edited and stored. We give explicit notice that by not using encryption for sending in your application electronically, the Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee or be accountable for the security of any private information.
- Disabled persons will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
- Freie Universität Berlin expressly encourages women to apply.
- Applications from people with a migration background are expressly welcome.
- Unfortunately, Freie Universität Berlin cannot cover the costs of interviews.
- Application documents will not be returned. Please submit copies of your documents only.