mROmA - multidisciplinary Rating of mHealth Applications
Fixed weekly project date
- Fridays, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in room 165
- Questions? E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In cooperation with the Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, the Databases and Information Systems Group is developing the specialist based assessment system for (mobile) medical applications mROmA. Within the mRomA project a sufficient taxonomy as well as a scoring system for mHealth applications shall be developed. The mROmA Score should be the result of a differentiated evaluation of mHealth applications and should visualize this in a striking way. In the future, the mROmA Score should serve the German health insurance companies as a decision basis for the certification of mHealth.
Since 2019, doctors have been able to prescribe mobile applications for smartphones by prescription. Unfortunately, there is still no adequate solution for the differentiated evaluation of mHealth applications. The problem already starts with the insufficient taxonomy of mHealth applications, which only distinguishes between "fitness" and "health". The different evaluation criteria of a mHealth application cannot be evaluated by specialists alone, because they are only specialists for some partial aspects, like content or usability. Within the mROmA project all evaluation criteria will be identified and used to develop a differentiated score for the evaluation of mHealth applications. Each aspect of a mHealth application is evaluated by a specialist responsible for this aspect. The result is made accessible to the general public via a web portal.
Prof. Dr. med. Joachim Fluhr, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Current and completed theses
- Bachelor thesis by Felix Spielmann (basic system: design and development)
- Bachelor thesis by Bianca George (mobile application: design and development)
We're still looking for
- students who want to write a final thesis (Bachelor thesis) about the inspiration of the mROmA system/portal (mroma.info) to Java (Spring Boot) or Python (Django/Flash)
- students who want to write a thesis (Bachelor thesis) about the development or migration of the mROmA app to React (JS) or Google Flutter
- mROmA, health, score