DiDi.vet - automated Differential Diagnostics for Veterinary Medicine
Fixed weekly project date
- Fridays, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm in room 165
- Questions? E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In cooperation with the Klinik für kleine Haustiere Freie Universtität Berlin, the Databases and Information Systems Group is developing a system for automated differential diagnostics for veterinary medicine.
One of the main activities of veterinary surgeons is the diagnosis of diseases in their animal patients. One form of diagnosis is differential diagnosis, in which the patient's clinical picture is determined with the help of a decision tree, which is essentially based on symptoms and findings.
As part of the DiDi.vet project, a mobile application is to be developed that will help young veterinarians in particular to make differential diagnoses, as well as a web service that will enable the creation and processing of the decision trees underlying differential diagnoses.
In addition, the system is intended to provide veterinarians with literature on the diagnoses made and to statistically evaluate the diagnoses made.
Prof. Dr. Peter Böttcher, PD Dr. Kerstin Müller, Klinik für kleine Haustiere der Freien Universität Berlin
Current and completed theses
We're still looking for
- students who want to write a final thesis (Bachelor thesis) in the field of web service development in the context of the DiDi.vet project
- students who want to write a final thesis (Bachelor thesis) in the field of app development in the context of the DiDi.vet project
- didivet, automated, differential, diagnostics, vetinary, medicine