Students need to complete a research oriented internship of about 7 weeks (270 hours) in a research or industrial organisation. During this time they work in typical Data Science projects.
Students gain practical research experience in the field of data science and apply the course contents of the programme in research practice. They get experience in project coordination, management and working in a team
300 hours, of which are at least 270 hours spent on-site (i.e. at the research institution or company) engaging in the internship.
Internship report, 5–10 pages, and ungraded final presentation (approx. 30 minutes), which is typically given in the mentor’s group seminar.
- Find an internship position and supervisor.
- Find an instructor  and fill out this registration form (or have it filled out). Take or send it to the examination office.
- Register the internship in Campus Management (as soon as possible).
- Complete the internship and have it confirmed using this form .
- Write the report and present it to your instructor.
- Give the final presentation.
- Have the “Certification of a Research Internship” signed by your mentor.
- Take or send the certification to the examination office.
Internship positions: Initiative is desired. Possibilities include both research institutions and
institutes associated with a university and those outside academia (possibly even in other
Instructors within the master’s degree program in Data Science who are authorized to give exams. (Instructor and supervisor may be the same person)
Confirmation from the internship body: It is recommended that students have the institution where they complete their internship issue confirmation regarding the internship. This confirmation should be issued on official company letterhead and should state your name, date of birth, the duration of your internship (in hours) and the nature of your activities. It should be stamped and signed.