Students who started their studies before WS 2019/20 continue their studies following the old version of the regulations. As the course offerings will be completely redesigned during the next semesters according to the new regulations, there are comprehensive equivalence and recognition rules, which will be published soon.
In the winter semester 2019/20, only the courses of the first master semester will be provided according to the new regulations. Higher semester courses will be provided in the old form.
The following rules apply to the five modules of the first semester (in the old form):
- Numerics: will be offered in the old form for the last time in WS 2019/20. Then the "Numerics" module can be replaced by "Numerics II" (SPO MSc Mathematics).
- Genomics: can be replaced by “Foundations in Bio-Medicine”
- Algorithms: can be replaced by “Foundations in Computer science”
- Optimization and Statistics: can be replaced by “Foundations in Mathematics and Statistics”. If both "Statistics" and "Optimization" are missing, the module "Machine Learning in Bioinformatics" must be completed in addition (as a substitute for statistics). However, this module will not be available in winter semester 2019/20. It will probably be offered in summer semester 2020.
In case you still have to take an exam in one or more of the above mentioned compulsory modules or if active/regular participation is missing, please send an e-mail to Ulrike Seyferth by 30 October at the latest. There will be a possibility to repeat the exam according to the old regulations. (This refers to those modules where you need only the final exam to complete the course).
- Genomics (Piro): 28.11.2019, 5 pm, Takustr. 9, gr. Hörsaal
- Algorithms and Optimization (Reinert/Bockmayr): at the same time as the exams of the corresponding Foundations courses.
Foundations in Mathematics and Statistics: Thursday, 13 February 2020, 12-2 pm, Großer Hörsaal, Arnimallee 22
Foundations in Computer Science: Tuesday, 11 February 2020, 12-12 pm, SR 046, Takustr. 9
- Statistics (Siebert): tba, at the end of the winter semester
Please don't forget to inform the lecturers if you want to take an exam!