Beginning of your studies
Welcome to the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Freie Universität Berlin!
We would like to welcome you to the winter semester 2020/21! Regardless of your subject or degree program and whether you are new to the FU or not - we have put together the most important information and links for you.
The lecture period starts on November 2nd, 2020, but there will be events for newly enrolled students before the beginning of the lecture period and there are some things you should do!
- Are you new to the FU or the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science?
Here we have a Checklist for you!
- You're new to a Master's program?
Continue reading here!
Please be sure to observe the following rules:
- Behavior in classroom teaching at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Rules for digital courses
Important note: The measures taken to contain the spread of the coronavirus considerably restrict the university's operations and especially the events at the start of the study program. The FU Berlin informs about short-term changes and the current conditions on https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/coronavirus/index.html.
For exchange/networking among students: Please join our telegram chats https://telegram.org/
During these events you will receive important information about your course of studies, have the opportunity to clarify questions and get to know your future fellow students. All first-semester Master students are welcome, even those who have already completed their Bachelor studies with us!
- MSc Mathematics (with Prof. Altmann)
October 29, 2020, 4:15 pm
- meeting link: https://fu-berlin.webex.com/fu-berlin-en/j.php?MTID=m11fe3a6d1d927ed3c94bd8d85601b8b5
- meeting number: 121 522 5110
- password: dG9XxHejb75
- MSc Computer Science (with Prof. Müller-Birn)
November 2nd, 2020, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- meeting link: https://fu-berlin.webex.com/fu-berlin/j.php?MTID=m43377ab6e1b7f96990904d1cf14e41d1
- meeting number: 121 635 6949
- password: master123
- MSc Bioinformatics (with Prof. Reinert)
November 2nd, 2020, 12:15 - 2:00 pm Online-Meeting!
No Classroom session! Registration is not necessary!
- meeting number:121 271 0998
- Password: SaPpn4TXE58
- MSc Computational Sciences (mit Ekaterina Engel)
27.10.2020, 10 am - 12 pm, online (per webex).
- Meeting-Link: https://fu-berlin.webex.com/fu-berlin-en/j.php?MTID=m69a731ffc449f2aaa36e2ab2b4fefd9a
- Meeting-Nummer: 121 616 1754
- Passwort: qyVQJ22xpJ2
Information on the study programme
- MSc Data Science
October 30, 2020, 10 am - 12 pm
Room L116, seminar center "Silberlaube", Otto-von-Simson-Str. 26, 14195 Berlin Dahlem
Event with presence!
Information on the study programme
The Freie Universität Berlin offers several events for all newly enrolled students at the beginning of their studies. These events are organized centrally by the FU (not our department) and are particularly suitable for Master's students who are new to the FU.
- Informational event for Freie Universität students (in German) will take place online
- more information and meeting links can be found here
- Orientation days for international students at Freie Universität Berlin (in German and English)
- all events can be found here
- there will be a campus Tour on 30 October 2020 at 10 am and a welcome event afterwards if the current situation does allow this - otherwise there will be an online-event and the link will be published here
- More information as well as presentations and program of the events can be found on the official website of the FU: German & English
Campus Tour & Welcome Session
All International Students are welcome to join our Campus Tour and Welcome Session. We start on Friday, October 30 at 10 am in the Rost- und Silberlaube, Habelschwerdter Allee 45, 14195 Berlin (meeting point tba). You can recognize us by our blue FU shirts. After the campus tour we will clarify questions regarding your studies at the FU during the Welcome Session and help you with the registration of courses. The Welcome Session will take place in Arnimalle 6, SR 032. Our international tutor Verena and our international Mentor Isa are happy to answer any questions you may have.