Computational Statistical & Biological Physics
Prof. Dr. Felix Höfling
How are macroscopic processes in soft and biological matter determined by their nano-scale properties? Examples of our research are
- the diffusion of proteins in the cytoplasm and, more generally, in heterogeneous media, and
- the behaviour of water-oil mixtures at interfaces, which has potential applications in nanofluidics.
Computer simulations of simplified models provide us with insight into the physical mechanisms that connect the behaviour across many time and length scales. The results allow us to
- perform high precision tests of theoretical predictions,
- develop new methods for the data analysis, and
- stimulate advancements of experimental techniques.
Come to Berlin for a free tutorial on HAL’s MD package!
For details, drop a line at Contact.