Student Researcher for the upcoming project WerteRadar (Design)
Student Assistant (f/d/m)
We are looking for a student assistant (40h/month) for our WerteRadar project. The position is limited for 2 years.
Application deadline: June 17th, 2020
The call for applications is subject to approval of the project.
The research group Human-Centered Computing (HCC) is an interdisciplinary team in the field of Collaborative Computing and Human Computer Interaction. The research focus is on the design of mixed-initiative interaction systems. In mutual-initiative interaction systems, human and computer systems act as a coupled, jointly adapting system, i.e. humans and computer systems pursue a common goal and work together. Current research focuses of the research group are in the areas of idea generation, data science and visualization. Our theory-driven research includes both an empirical and an engineering dimension.
The unit is part of the BMBF-funded interdisciplinary project WerteRadar (Values Radar), in which an interactive software for the reflective transfer of health data is designed together with media education, implemented by the HCC and evaluated at the Charité. The research focus of this unit is in the area of Reflective Technologies, which should allow individuals to weigh up their actions on different levels. This weighing process is to be realized within a three-step process (reflect, apply, verify).
For this project we are looking for a student assistant with a monthly working time of 40 hours. Your area of responsibility will be the support in the conception, creation and evaluation of an interactive software for the reflected transfer of health data.
Field of Activity
- Assistance with research tasks (literature research, research of state-of-the-art approaches)
- Assistance in the creation of low-fidelity prototypes including interaction design
- Assistance in the planning and implementation of empirical (online) studies
- At least two completed semesters in communication design, communication sciences or related design-related courses
- Basic to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) or Affinity (Photo, Designer, Publisher)
- Basic knowledge of UI/UX tools (Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD or Figma) desirable
- Good German and English language skills (level B2)
- Independent and reliable way of working and a pronounced willingness to learn
- Please refer to work samples / portfolio in your application, if available
The Applications (letter of motivation, CV, recommendations) should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn and sent in PDF format (preferably as one document) stating the identifier (WerteRadar-SHK-Design) electronically by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn or by post to the following address:
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Arbeitsgruppe Human-Centered Computing
Frau Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an electronic application you are agreeing to all files being edited and stored. We give explicit notice that by not using encryption for sending in your application electronically, the Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee or be accountable for the security of any private information.