Research Assistant (f/d/m) full-time - subject to approval of funds, limited until 31.12.2023 - 13 TV-L FU - Code: FreeMove-WM100
We are looking for a new team member for our research area "Human-Centered Privacy and Security". The contract is limited until December 31st, 2023.Remuneration group: 13 TV-L FU
Application deadline: May 3rd, 2021 (extended)
The HCC.lab stands for an interdisciplinary team in the field of collaborative computing and human-computer interaction. The focus is on Interactive Intelligent Systems: we see ourselves as designers of participative and sustainable technologies that promote human-machine cooperation. Our current research focuses on machine learning, privacy, and conversational interfaces. Our theory-driven research includes both an empirical and an engineering dimension.
We offer a creative and open environment for the realization of your research interests and will support you sustainably in realizing your academic ambitions (e.g. by participation in conferences, further education). We are committed to open source software, open science, and free access to knowledge.
Field of Activity
The potential of using movement data, among other things for managing critical situations such as epidemics and disasters but also for sustainable and people-centered urban and traffic planning, is enormous. Making such data available requires the use of particularly sophisticated mathematical-technical anonymization procedures. On the one hand, these must ensure the legally and ethically required high level of protection of the privacy of individuals, and on the other hand, they must convey their scope in a comprehensible way. In the transdisciplinary BMBF-funded research project "FreeMove", we will use representative case studies from the field of urban mobility to develop a holistic conceptual framework, which will ascertain and map the multifaceted requirements for the fairest possible, useful, secure, and comprehensible provision of movement data in a value-oriented manner, while harmonizing the different ideas of the stakeholders.
The following general tasks are associated with the position:
- Design of novel interaction concepts for Human-Centered Privacy and Security and their implementation in the form of interactive software prototypes;
- Implementation of a value-oriented approach to software development;
- Conducting empirical (online) studies to evaluate the approaches;
- Preparation of scientific publications for the dissemination of the research results.
Degree (Diploma or Master's degree) in the field of computer science or a related field, such as media or business informatics.
- Experience in the field of human-computer interaction;
- Experience in the design, implementation, and evaluation of user studies or online experiments;
- Very good language skills in English and German, both written and spoken;
- Above-average willingness to work independently and in interdisciplinary cooperation;
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to actively participate within the HCC team;
- Interest in scientific work and existing experience in writing scientific texts;
- Creativity, analytical skills, problem-solving competence, and results-oriented work.
Applications should be sent electronically by e-mail, together with supporting documentation, in PDF format (preferably as ONE document) to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn: firstname.lastname@example.org
For this reason and for the time when Freie Universität Berlin is not present, we ask that you apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Arbeitsgruppe Human-Centered Computing
Frau Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an electronic application you are agreeing to all files being edited and stored. We give explicit notice that by not using encryption for sending in your application electronically, the Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee or be accountable for the security of any private information.
- human-centered privacy and security
- movement data
- urban mobility