Student Assistant (f/d/m) 40h/month - Implementation for privacy-aware donation of mobility data
We are looking for a student assistant for our interdiscipinary project FreeMove. The position is limited until December 31st, 2023.Identifier: HCC2021-SHK-16
Application deadline: October 25th, 2021
Official job announcement (in German)
The research group Human-Centered Computing (HCC) is an interdisciplinary team in the field of Collaborative Computing and Human Computer Interaction. The focus is to advance research and design of socially responsible technologies by analyzing the intertwining of data, algorithms and social context to enable sustainable human-machine collaboration. Current research focuses of the research group are in the areas of idea generation, data science and visualization. Our theory-driven research includes both an empirical and an engineering dimension.
Field of Activity
We are looking for a student assistant in out research group with a negotiable monthly working time of 40 hours.
As a student in our research group you will have the opportunity to shape challenging, yet practical implementation tasks in the privacy context. Together with an additional student you will be supporting the project FreeMove, closely working together with our team at the research group HCC.
In this project we are investigating the use of movement data. On one hand, movement data is essential to identify areas of necessary improvements of traffic infrastructure and public transport. On the other hand, many movements, troughout your day may be sensitive and we don't want our data publically leaked. To compromise between those two legitimate intentions, we investigate the methods to use this kind of data without compromising the privacy of the data subjects. Our focus is on presenting the garantiees and risks associated with these novel methods in a comprehensible mannor, such that users can take an informed decision, whether to agree for their data to be used.
Your area of responsibility will be the support in the conception, creation and evaluation of interactive case studies concerning the informed sharing of location and movement data.
Your activity in particular will include assistance with the following tasks:
- research tasks (literature research, research of state-of-the-art approaches)
- implementation of the interfaces in the form of interactive software prototypes
- Implementation of (online) studies
- Evaluation of study results
- Registered student in the field of computer science, media computer science, data science, mathematics or similar
- Good German and English language skills (level B2)
- Independent and reliable way of working and a pronounced willingness to learn
The Applications (letter of motivation, CV, recommendations, pot. GitHub-Profile) should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn and sent in PDF format (preferably as one document) stating the identifier (HCC2021-SHK-16) electronically by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As remote work is currently encouraged at Freie Universität Berlin, we ask that you apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Informatik
Arbeitsgruppe Human-Centered Computing
Frau Prof. Dr. Claudia Müller-Birn
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
By submitting an electronic application you are agreeing to all files being edited and stored. We give explicit notice that by not using encryption for sending in your application electronically, the Freie Universität Berlin cannot guarantee or be accountable for the security of any private information.
- Disabled persons will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
- Freie Universität Berlin expressly encourages women to apply.
- Applications from people with a migration background are expressly welcome.
- Unfortunately, Freie Universität Berlin cannot cover the costs of interviews.
- Application documents will not be returned. Please submit copies of your documents only.